Sunday, June 2, 2013

Twinkies

You and your dad are so silly and act so much alike. Today you guys even dressed alike! We went to Uncle Dale's house at the Lake of Egypt to celebrate Grandpa Al's 73rd birthday (May 31). You fished on the dock for a little bit and went searching for the lizards. We had a good time and took their dogs for a walk too. The shirt you are wearing is a shirt I had made for you and dad using the Egyptian Combo's logo since you love your daddy's band. It's one of your favorite shirts. The Egyptian Combo was suppose to play at a fair in Christopher this weekend but there was too much bad weather. Sadly, several people died in Oklahoma from tornadoes and I believe everyone was on edge. We survived and even took cover in our basement when there was a tornado warning for us. You are so scared of the thought of a tornado and I blame myself since I'm so scared. But on May 8th 2009 southern Illinois was hit with what they called an inland hurricane and it was so scary. Both me and your dad worked in Marion at the time and you were at our home at 201 W 4th St in West Frankfort with Granny Kooky watching you. It was really scary, cell phones wouldn't even work and I couldn't leave in the middle of it. After it hit, your dad came to pick me up at work and it took us over an hour to get to you at home because of the widespread damage and trees down everywhere. That fear that I couldn't get to you and not knowing if you were okay has ruined me and now I panic. But you guys were safe and since we had no power we ended up heading down to Paducah to stay in a hotel. The next day we had power back and we returned home. It was a day southern Illinois will not forget. Luckily you were too young to remember. Anyway funny how a post about you and your silly dad led to all of this but I'm glad it did because that's what I hope this blog does is tell you about stories that you will enjoy someday.
I love you THIS much,
Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment